Convention And Event Support Fund (FACE) – Tour & Travel Sector
Destination Sherbrooke, with the mission to promote Sherbrooke through the sustainable development of recreational and tourism attractions, has developed a Convention and Event Support Fund (FACE). In the context of this Covid crisis, which has devastated the whole tourism sector, Destination Sherbrooke has revised the conditions of this fund and adapted them to maintain its incentive character during the Covid period.
As such, this financial support is made available to both increase Sherbrooke’s market share of the tour & travel sector and to assist in a much needed and anticipated tourism recovery in Sherbrooke and the heart of the Eastern Townships over the coming 18 months.
To stimulate travel to the region in the Covid period, Destination Sherbrooke will offer financial support in the form of a:
- $1,000 grant when booking and using a block of 40 Sherbrooke tourist lodging and establisments
- $500 grant when booking and using a block of 40 Sherbrooke university residence rooms
- $250 grant to stimulate local purchasing (minimum 3 Sherbrooke restaurants and/or regional attractions) per block
- The ability to use up to 3 BLOCKS of 40 rooms between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022
For example, a tour operator, travel agency or receptive operator that books and uses 1 block of 40 room nights in a hotel and purchases services from 3 local restaurants and/or regional attractions would receive $1,250 and can use a further 2 blocks during this period for a maximum amount of $3,750.
The FACE-Tour & Travel is available to all recognised/certified actors in the travel industry in Quebec, Canada, and from around the world. The following conditions must be met to qualify for FACE-Tour & Travel funding.
- Your organisation is a recognised travel agency, tour operator or receptive operator;
- Your clients come from outside a radius of 40km from Sherbrooke;
- You have filled out the intent form;
- A minimum of 1 block of 40 room nights is booked and used in a recognised Sherbrooke hotel or university residence between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022;
- You have contracted the services of a minimum of 3 Sherbrooke restaurants and/or regional attractions to stimulate local purchasing while staying in Sherbrooke.
- You must fully fill out and sign the intent form included with this package. Room nights booked and used are not covered by this fund if an intent form was not signed in advance.
- To receive your cheque(s):
- Proof of payment and use of 1 (or up to 3) blocks of 40 room nights;
- Proof of payment and use of 3 Sherbrooke restaurants and/or regional attractions for each block of 40 room nights.
- Copy of your itinerary.
- The final documents and requests for payment must be submitted no later than January 15, 2023.
- Destination Sherbrooke reserves the right to verify the status of organizations using this fund;
- Financial support will be granted in the form of a cheque made out to and sent by mail to the organization;
- Restaurants must be located in Sherbrooke and cannot include meals part of hotel/residence room rates;
- Attractions must be located in the city of Sherbrooke or the regional municipalities of Memphrémagog and Coaticook who are Destination Sherbrooke partners;
- The Conference and Event Assistance Fund (FACE) is dependent on budgets voted on during the adoption of the City of Sherbrooke’s annual budget. As such, funding is provisional for future fiscal years;
- Destination Sherbrooke reserves the right to review the fund admissibility criteria on an annual basis.